NLO prescription for unintegrated parton distributions
- 80 Downloads
We show how parton distributions unintegrated over the parton transverse momentum, k t , may be generated, at NLO accuracy, from the known integrated (DGLAP-evolved) parton densities determined from global data analyses. A few numerical examples are given, which demonstrate that sufficient accuracy is obtained by keeping only the LO splitting functions together with the NLO integrated parton densities. However, it is important to keep the precise kinematics of the process, by taking the scale to be the virtuality rather than the transverse momentum, in order to be consistent with the calculation of the NLO splitting functions.
KeywordsTransverse Momentum Splitting Function Sudakov Form Factor DGLAP Evolution DGLAP Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.E.M. Levin, M.G. Ryskin, Y.M. Shabelski, A.G. Shuvaev, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 53, 657 (1991). [Yad. Fiz. 53, 1059 (1991)] Google Scholar
- 14.S. Jadach, M. Skrzypek, arXiv:0905.1399 [hep-ph]
- 15.M. Slawinska, A. Kusina, arXiv:0905.1403 [hep-ph]
- 16.M. Skrzypek, S. Jadach, arXiv:0909.5588 [hep-ph]
- 17.Y.L. Dokshitzer, V.A. Khoze, A.H. Mueller, S.I. Troian, Basics of Perturbative QCD (Frontieres, Gif-sur-Yvette, 1991), 274 pp. Google Scholar