Unified model for small-t and high-t scattering at high energies: predictions at RHIC and LHC
- 58 Downloads
The urgency of predictions in the large-t region at LHC stimulated us to present a unified model of small- and high-t scattering at high energies. Our model is based on safe theoretical ground: analyticity, unitarity, Regge behavior, gluon exchange and saturation of bounds established in axiomatic quantum field theory. We make precise predictions for the behavior of the differential cross sections at high t, the evolution of the dip–shoulder structure localized in the region 0.5 ≲ |t| ≲ 0.8 GeV2 and the radical violation of the exponential behavior of the first diffraction cone at small t.
KeywordsRegge Behavior Elastic Cross Section Gluon Exchange Standard Dataset Radical Violation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. Nicolescu, 0707.2923 [hep-ph]Google Scholar
- 4.Durham Database Group, M.R. Whalley et al., http://durpdg.dur.ac.uk/hepdata/reac.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 5.http://www.theo.phys.ulg.ac.be/˜cudell/dataGoogle Scholar
- 11.R.F. Avila, M.J. Menon, 0712.3398 [hep-ph]Google Scholar
- 12.TOTEM Collaboration, K. Eggert, Proc. of the 11th International Conference on Elastic and Diffractive Scattering – Towards High Energy Frontiers, Château de Blois, France, ed. by M. Haguenauer, B. Nicolescu, J. Tran Thanh Van (Thê Giôi Publishers, Vietnam, 2006), p. 21 [hep-ex/0602025]Google Scholar