String effects on Fermi–Dirac correlation measurements
- 34 Downloads
We investigate some recent measurements of Fermi–Dirac correlations by the LEP collaborations indicating surprisingly small source radii for the production of baryons in e+e- annihilation at the Z0 peak. In hadronization models there is besides the Fermi–Dirac correlation effect also a strong dynamical (anti-) correlation. We demonstrate that the extraction of the pure FD effect is highly dependent on a realistic Monte Carlo event generator, both for separation of those dynamical correlations that are not related to Fermi–Dirac statistics, and for corrections of the data and background subtractions. Although the model can be tuned to well reproduce single particle distributions, there are large model uncertainties when it comes to correlations between identical baryons. We therefore, unfortunately, have to conclude that it is at present not possible to draw any firm conclusion about the source radii relevant for baryon production at LEP.
KeywordsMonte Carlo Gluon Radiation Aleph Collaboration DELPHI Collaboration Hadronization Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.S. Mohanty, private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 7.T. Sjöstrand, L. Lönnblad, S. Mrenna, P. Skands, arXiv:hep-ph/0308153Google Scholar
- 9.K. Hamacher, M. Weierstall, arXiv:hep-ex/9511011Google Scholar
- 10.OPAL Collaboration, OPAL note PN486 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.DELPHI Collaboration, M. Kucharczyk, H. Palka, DELPHI note 2004-038 CONF-713 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.DELPHI Collaboration, M. Kucharczyk, H. Palka, DELPHI note 2005-010 CONF-730 (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.DELPHI Collaboration, T. Lesiak, H. Palka, Prepared for 29th International Conference on High-Energy Physics (ICHEP 98), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 23–29 Jul 1998Google Scholar
- 24.T. Sjöstrand, in: R.C. Hwa, G. Pancheri, Y. Srivastava, (eds.), Multiparticle production. Proceedings, Workshop, Perugia, Italy, June 21–28, 1988 (World Scientific, Singapore, 1989), p. 327Google Scholar
- 26.E.A. De Wolf, in: Santiago de Compostela 1992, Proceedings, Multiparticle dynamics, ed. by C. Pajares (World Scientific, Singapore, 1993), pp. 263–274 and Brussels Interuniv. Inst. High Energy – IIHE-92-04 (92/11) 11 p. 303571 (see Conference Index).Google Scholar