QED processes in peripheral kinematics at polarized photon–photon and photon–electron colliders
- 36 Downloads
The calibration QED process cross sections for experiments on planned electron–photon and photon–photon colliders for detecting small angle scattered particles are calculated. These processes describe the creation of two jets moving sufficiently close to the beam axis directions. The jets containing two and three particles including charged leptons, photons, and pseudoscalar mesons are considered explicitly. Considering the pair production subprocesses we take into account both bremsstrahlung and double photon mechanisms. The obtained results are suitable for further numerical calculations.
KeywordsPair Production Feynman Diagram Helicity Amplitude Initial Photon Photon Collider
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zeroth-Order Design Report for the Next Linear Collider, Report No. SLAC-474 (1996)Google Scholar
- 2.JLC Design Study, KEK Report 97-1 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.R.D. Heuer et al., Technical Design Report of 500 GeV Electron Positron Collider with Integrated X-Ray Facility (DESY 2001-011, March 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Physics Potential and Development of μ+μ- Colliders, ed. by D. Cline, AIP Conference Proceedings 441 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.V. Berestetsky, E. Lifshits, L. Pitaevski, Quantum Electrodynamics (Nauka, Moscow, 1989), p. 43Google Scholar
- 11.V.I. Borodulin, R.N. Rogalev, S.R. Slabospitsky (Serpukhov, IHEP), CORE: Compendium of relations: Version 2.1. Preprint IFVE-95-90, IHEP-95-90, Jul 1995. 108pp. e-Print Archive: hep-ph/9507456Google Scholar
- 12.Private communication of S. Sikach (Minsk, Institute of Physics BAS, Belarus)Google Scholar
- 13.V. Bytev, E. Bartos, M. Galynskii, E. Kuraev, JETP 130, 259 (2006)Google Scholar