Spin correlations in decay chains involving W bosons
- 28 Downloads
We study the extent to which spin assignments of new particles produced at the LHC can be deduced in the decay of a scalar or fermion C into a new stable (or quasi-stable) particle A through the chain C→B±q, B±→AW±, W±→ℓ±νℓ where ℓ=e,μ. All possible spin assignments of the particles A and B are considered. Explicit invariant mass distributions of the quark and lepton are given for each set of spins, valid for all masses. We also construct the asymmetry between the chains with a W- and those with a W+. The Kullback–Leibler distance between the distributions is then calculated to give a quantitative measure of our ability to distinguish the different spin assignments.
KeywordsLarge Hadron Collider Charged Lepton Decay Chain Invariant Mass Distribution Higgs Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.A. Datta, G.L. Kane, M. Toharia, hep-ph/0510204Google Scholar
- 10.A. Alves, O. Eboli, T. Plehn, hep-ph/0605067Google Scholar
- 12.C. Athanasiou, C.G. Lester, J.M. Smillie, B.R. Webber, JHEP 06, 082 (2006) [hep-ph/0605286]Google Scholar
- 13.P. Meade, M. Reece, hep-ph/0601124Google Scholar
- 14.L.-T. Wang, I. Yavin, hep-ph/0605296Google Scholar
- 19.G. Corcella et al., hep-ph/0210213Google Scholar