Microwave and electrical properties of Co-Ti substituted M-type Ba hexagonal ferrite
The microwave characteristics of Co2+ and Ti4+ ions substituted, BaCo x Ti x Fe(12−2x)O19 (x = 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 0.9) ferrite have been studied as a function of thickness, frequency and substitution. The results depict reflection loss of − 31.94 dB at 10.47 GHz in x = 0.9. The highest static electrical current is observed at lower substitution. The model accompanying microwave absorption is used to evaluate microwave absorption characteristics. The electromagnetic and static electrical characteristics are improved with the substitution of Co2+ and Ti4+ ions. The compositions for possible electromagnetic applications are also explored.
KeywordsFerrite Metal Plate Microwave Absorption Microwave Absorption Property Slot Waveguide
- 1.C. Singh, S.B. Narang, V. Singh, R.K. Kotnala, Microwave Absorption Studies of M-type Ba0.5Sr0.5CoxTix Fe(12−2x)O19 ferrite and Its Dependence on Static Properties, in 15th International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (ANTEM), Toulouse, France, June 25–28, 2012 Google Scholar
- 2.C. Singh, S.B. Narang, I.S. Hudiara, Electromagnetic Properties of Co-Zr Substituted Ba-Sr Ferrite-Paraffin Wax Composite for EMC/EMI Applications, in XXX General Assembly and Scientific Symposium of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI), Istanbul, Turkey, 13–20 August, 2011, paper E7-8Google Scholar
- 3.C. Singh, S.B. Narang, I.S. Hudiara, M.Y. Koledintseva, A.A. Kitaitsev Microstructural and Microwave Absorption Properties of Ba(1−X)SrXFe12O19 Sintered Hexaferrites, in Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference (AP-RASC’10), Toyama, Japan, 21–27 September, 2010, paper E4-3Google Scholar
- 4.M.Y. Koledintseva, P.C. Ravva, J.L. Drewniak, A.A. Kitaitsev, A.A. Shinkov, IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility 3, 598 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.S.B. Narang, I.S. Hudiara, J. Ceram. Process. Res. 7, 113 (2006)Google Scholar