Parameter-dependent third-order optical nonlinearity in a CdSe/ZnS quantum dot quantum well in the vicinity of a gold nanoparticle
- 130 Downloads
The nonlinear optical properties of the CdSe/ZnS quantum dot quantum well (QDQW) in the vicinity of a spherical metal nano-particle (MNP) have been described. The third-order nonlinear optical susceptibility induced by the transition between E1 (inside the well) and E2 (outside the well) has been calculated for the third-harmonic generation (THG) under the effective mass approximation and modified by the local field theory. The parameters-dependent third-order nonlinear optical susceptibility for the THG has been specifically explored and the influence of the distance between the QDQW and the MNP on the third-order susceptibility for the THG in the system has been shown and analyzed.
KeywordsGold Nanoparticle Outer Radius Nonlinear Optical Property Core Radius Radial Wave Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.H. Haug, S.W. Koch, in Quantum theory of the optical and electronic properties of semiconductors, 4th edn. (World Scientific, Singapore, 2004) Google Scholar
- 12.Z.H. Zheng, Z.P. Guan, L.C. Chen, X.M. Fan, Jpn J. Appl. Phys. 34, 56 (1995) Google Scholar
- 13.D. Bimberg, M. Grundmann, N.N. Ledentsov, in Quantum Dot Heterostructures (Wiley, UK, 1999) Google Scholar
- 18.R.W. Boyd, in Nonlinear Optics, 2nd edn. (Academic Press, USA, 2003) Google Scholar
- 28.in Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids, edited by E.D. Palik (Academic Press, New York, 1985) Google Scholar