Single-oscillator model and determination of optical constants of spray pyrolyzed amorphous SnO2 thin films
- 581 Downloads
Amorphous SnO2 thin films have been deposited using different spraying times via the spray pyrolysis method. The structure of the films was analyzed by X-ray diffraction and the results obtained showed that the structure of the films was almost non-crystalline. The optical properties of these thin films have been investigated by means of optical transmittance and reflectance spectra. The dispersion of the refractive index is discussed in terms of the Wemple–DiDomenico single oscillator model. The optical band gap Eg, the width of band tails of localized states into the gap EU; the single oscillator energy Eo, the dispersion energy Ed and the optical constants such as refractive index, extinction coefficient, dielectric constant and optical conductivity were estimated.
PACS.78.20.Ci Optical constants
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N.F. Mott, R.W. Gurney, Electronic Processes in Ionic Crystals (Oxford Univ. Press, London, 1940) Google Scholar
- S. Ilican, M. Zor, M. Caglar, Y. Caglar, Opt. Appl. 36, 29 (2006) Google Scholar
- Optical Properties of Solids, edited by F. Abeles (North-Holland, Publishing Company, London, UK, 1972) Google Scholar
- A.K. Wolaton, T.S. Moss, Proc. Roy. Soc. A 81, 5091 (1963) Google Scholar
- J.N. Hodgson, Optical absorption and dispersion in Solids (Chapman and Hall LTD, 11 New fetter Lane London EC4, 1970) Google Scholar