Stochastic resonance: influence of a f-κ noise spectrum
- 57 Downloads
With the aim of studying stochastic resonance (SR) in a double-well potential when the noise source has a spectral density of the form f-κ (with varying κ), we have extended a procedure introduced by Kaulakys et al. (Phys. Rev. E 70, 020101 (2004)). In order to achieve an analytical understanding of the results, we have obtained an effective Markovian approximation that allows us to make a systematic study of the effect of such noise on the SR phenomenon. A comparison of the numerical and analytical results shows an excellent qualitative agreement indicating that the effective Markovian approximation is able to correctly describe the general trends.
PACS.02.50.Ey Stochastic processes 05.40.-a Fluctuation phenomena, random processes, noise, and Brownian motion 02.50.-r Probability theory, stochastic processes, and statistics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.A. Fuentes, R. Toral, H.S. Wio, Physica A 295, 114 (2001); F.J. Castro, M.N. Kuperman, M.A. Fuentes, H.S. Wio, Phys. Rev. E 64, 051105 (2001); M.A. Fuentes, H.S. Wio, R. Toral, Physica A 303, 91 (2002); M.A. Fuentes, C. Tessone, H.S. Wio, R. Toral, Fluct. Noise Letters 3, 365 (2003) zbMATHCrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- See for instance: Unsolved Problems of Noise: Proc. Conf. UPoN'96, edited by Ch. Doering, L.B. Kiss, M. Shlesinger (World Scientific, Singapore, 1997); Fractals and Beyond, edited by M. Novak (World Scientific, Singapore, 1998); Noise in Complex Systems and Stochastic Dynamics, edited by L. Schimansky-Geier, D. Abbott, A. Neiman, C. Van den Broeck, Proc. SPIE 5114 (2003); COMPLEXUS MUNDI: Emergent Patterns in Nature, edited by M. Novak (World Scientific, Singapore, 2005) Google Scholar
- B. Kaulakys, J. Ruseckas, V. Gontis, M. Alaburda, e-print arXiv:cond-mat/0509626 (2005) Google Scholar
- H.S. Wio, P. Colet, L. Pesquera, M.A. Rodriguez, M. San Miguel, Phys. Rev. A 40, 7312 (1989); P. Hänggi, Chem. Phys. 180, 157 (1994), F. Castro, A. Sánchez, H.S. Wio, Phys. Rev. Lett. 75, 1691 (1995); S. Mangioni, R. Deza, H.S. Wio, R. Toral, Phys. Rev. Lett. 79, 2389 (1997) MathSciNetCrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- C.W. Gardiner, Handbook of Stochastic Methods, 2nd edn. (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1985) Google Scholar