Dynamics of topological solitons in two-dimensional ferromagnets
- 114 Downloads
Dynamical topological solitons are studied in classical two-dimensional Heisenberg easy-axis ferromagnets. The properties of such solitons are treated both analytically in the continuum limit and numerically by spin dynamics simulations of the discrete system. Excitation of internal mode causes orbital motion. This is confirmed by simulations.
PACS.75.10.Hk Classical spin models 75.30.Ds Spin waves 05.45.-a Nonlinear dynamics and chaos 75.40.Mg Numerical simulation studies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.G. Bar'yakhtar, M.V. Chetkin, B.A. Ivanov, S.N. Gadetskii, Dynamics of Topological Magnetic Solitons. Experiment and Theory (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1994) Google Scholar
- F.G. Mertens, A.R. Bishop, in Nonlinear Science at the Dawn of the 21th Century, edited by P.L. Christiansen, M.P. Soerensen, A.C. Scott (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2000) Google Scholar
- V.L. Berezinskii, Sov. Phys. JETP 34, 610 (1972) Google Scholar
- V.G. Bar'yakhtar, B.A. Ivanov, Sov. Sci. Rev. Sec. A. 16, 3 (1993) Google Scholar
- The quantum Hall effect, edited by R.E. Prange, S.M. Girvin (Springer, New York, 1990) Google Scholar
- A.M. Kosevich, V.P. Voronov, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys. 7, 442 (1981) Google Scholar
- V.P. Voronov, B.A. Ivanov, A.K. Kosevich, Sov. Phys. JETP 84, 2235 (1983) Google Scholar
- B.A. Ivanov, V.A. Stephanovich, Sov. Phys. JETP 64, 376 (1986) Google Scholar