Conduction mechanism and magnetoresistance in Gd1-xPrxBaCaCu3O7-δ
- 38 Downloads
Tetragonal Gd1-xPrxBaCaCu3O7-δ (0≤x≤1) polycrystalline samples have been prepared by the standard solid-state reaction, and characterized by XRD and SEM. Rietveld analysis on X-ray diffraction pattern shows site mixing between rare earth (R) and Ca. Contrary to Gd1-xPrxBa2Cu3O7-δ, a hump on the ρ(T) curve is observed at about 80 K. The normal state resistivity has been analyzed by the two and three dimensional variable range hopping (2&3D-VRH) and Coulomb gap. For low concentration of Pr (x<0.5–0.6, corresponding to the metal-insulator transition), 2D-VRH is the dominant mechanism, but with the increase of x, the 3D-VRH is dominant. Substitution of Ba by Ca highly increases the superconducting granularity. The magnetoresistance measurements have been analyzed by the Ambegaokar and Halperin phase slip model. The field dependences of the pinning energy and critical current density have been studied for different amounts of Pr doping.
KeywordsNeural Network Rare Earth Variable Range Field Dependence Critical Current Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Akhavan, Phys. B 321, 265 (2002) Google Scholar
- V.P.S Awana, J. Horvat, S.X. Dou, A. Sedky, A.V. Narlikar, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 182, L280 (1998) Google Scholar
- G. Zhao, A.P.B. Zinha, D.E. Morris, Phys. C 297, 23 (1998) Google Scholar
- M. Kariminezhad, H. Khosroabadi, M. Akhavan, Phys. Stat. Sol. ( c) 1, 1855 (2004) Google Scholar
- V.P.S. Awana, C.A. Cardoso, O.F. de Lima, R. Singh, A.V. Narlikar, W.B. Yelon, S.K. Malik, Phys. C 316, 113 (1999) Google Scholar
- X.Z. Wang, D. Bäuerle, Phys. C 176, 507 (1991) Google Scholar
- R. Ganguly, I.K. Gopalakrishnan, J.V. Yakhmi, Phys. C 256, 51 (1996) Google Scholar
- M. Kariminezhad, M. Akhavan, submitted for publication by J. Supercond. (2005) Google Scholar
- G. Cao, Y. Qian, Z. Chen, X. Li, H. Wu, Y. Zhang, Phys. Lett. A 196, 263 (1994) Google Scholar
- M.R. Mohammadizadeh, M. Akhavan, Eur. Phys. J. B 33, 381 (2003) Google Scholar
- M.R. Mohammadizadeh, M. Akhavan, Phys. B 336, 410 (2003) Google Scholar