Large scale properties of the Webgraph
- 155 Downloads
In this paper we present an experimental study of the properties of web graphs. We study a large crawl from 2001 of 200M pages and about 1.4 billion edges made available by the WebBase project at Stanford . We report our experimental findings on the topological properties of such graphs, such as the number of bipartite cores and the distribution of degree, PageRank values and strongly connected components.
KeywordsExperimental Study Experimental Finding Topological Property Scale Property Large Scale Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.C. Cooper, A. Frieze, A general model of undirected web graphs, in Proc. of the 9th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), LNCS 2161 (Spinger-Verlag, 2001), pp. 500-511Google Scholar
- 6.Cyvellance, http://www.cyvellance.comGoogle Scholar
- 7.P. Erdös, R. Renyi, Publ. Math. Inst. Hung. Acad. Sci. 5 (1960)Google Scholar
- 9.R. Kumar, P. Raghavan, S. Rajagopalan, D. Sivakumar, A. Tomkins, E. Upfal, Random graph models for the web graph, in Proc. of 41st FOCS, pp. 57-65, 2000Google Scholar
- 10.R. Kumar, P. Raghavan, S. Rajagopalan, A. Tomkins, Trawling the web for emerging cyber communities, in Proc. of the 8th WWW Conference, pp. 403 (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.L. Laura, S. Leonardi, G. Caldarelli, P. De Los Rios, A multi-layer model for the webgraph, in On-line proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Web Dynamics, 2002Google Scholar
- 12.L. Laura, S. Leonardi, S. Millozzi, A software library for generating and measuring massive webgraphs, Technical Report 05-03, DIS - University of Rome La Sapienza, 2003Google Scholar
- 13.L. Laura, S. Leonardi, S. Millozzi, U. Meyer, J.F. Sibeyn, Algorithms and experiments for the webgraph, in Proc. of the 11th Annual European Symposium on Algorithms (ESA), Vol. 2461 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Springer-Verlag, 2002)Google Scholar
- 14.M. Mitznmacher, A Brief History of Generative Models for Power Law and Lognormal Distributions, Internet Mathematics 1 (2) (to appear)Google Scholar
- 15.G. Pandurangan, P. Raghavan, E. Upfal, Using pagerank to characterize web structure, in Proc. of the 8th Annual International Conference on Combinatorics and Computing (COCOON)Google Scholar
- 17.The stanford webbase project, http://www-diglib.stanford.edu/~testbed/doc2/WebBase/Google Scholar