Rescattering and finite formation time effects in electro-disintegration of the deuteron in the cumulative region
- 22 Downloads
The role of rescattering due to the final state interaction (FSI) and the influence of the finite formation time (FFT) on the inclusive D(e,e′)X and exclusive D(e,e′p)n electro-disintegration of the deuteron are studied in the cumulative kinematical region x>1 and moderate values of the 4-momentum transfer Q 2=2÷ 10 (GeV/c)2. The spins are averaged out. It is found that in the inclusive process the relative magnitude of rescattering steadily grows with x and that at x=1.7 it has the same order as the plane wave impulse approximation (PWIA) contribution, with the finite formation time effects decreasing the rescattering contribution by ~ 30%. In the exclusive process, with increasing momentum transfer, FFT substantially reduces the effects from FSI, although the latter are still appreciable in the region of momentum transfer investigated.
PACS codes.24.85.+p - Quarks, gluons, and QCD in nuclei and nuclear processes 13.60.-r - Photon and charged-lepton interaction with hadrons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1. B.K. Jennings and B.Z. Kopeliovich: Phys. Rev. Lett. 70, 3384 (1993)Google Scholar
- 2. C. Ciofi degli Atti, L.P. Kaptari, and D. Treleani: Phys. Rev. C 63, 044601 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3. M.A. Braun, C. Ciofi degli Atti, and D. Treleani: Phys. Rev. C62, 034606 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6. R.A. Arndt et al.: Partial-Wave Analysis Facility (SAID), http:/said.phys.vt.eduGoogle Scholar
- 7. S. Rock et al: Phys. Rev. Lett. 49, 1139 (1982); R.G. Arnold et al: ibid. 61, 806 (1988)Google Scholar