Impact of recent data on N* structure
- 21 Downloads
Many modern experiments are posed with the issue of physics interpretation of their data when the theory is complicated. Certainly, experiments studying N* resonances are in this category. This short paper presents examples of interpretation made by inspection of the data, Breit-Wigner analyses, and coupled channels analysis. There are significant advantages to all three, but only a coupled channels analysis can provide the checks needed for a complete analysis. Examples from the S11 and P13 partial waves are discussed.
PACS codes.13.30.-a - Baryon decays 13.60.Le - Meson production in electromagnetic reactions 13.20.Gk - Baryon resonances with S=0
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2. Particle Data Group: Eur. Phys. J. C 15, 1 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5. F. Renard et al.: Phys. Lett. B 528, 215 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7. M. Dugger et al.: Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 222002 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8. R. Thompson et al.: Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 1702 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9. J. Mueller: contribution to the Proceedings of PANIC03, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 10. M. Ripani et al.: accepted for publication, Phys. Rev. Lett. (2003). See also contribution of M. Ripani to these proceedingsGoogle Scholar