Beta-decay studies near 100Sn
- 72 Downloads
The β-decay of 102Sn was studied by using high-resolution germanium detectors as well as a Total Absorption Spectrometer (TAS). A decay scheme has been constructed based on the γ-γ coincidence data. The total experimental Gamow-Teller strength BGTexp of 102Sn was deduced from the TAS data to be 4.2(9). A search for β-delayed γ-rays of 100Sn decay remained unsuccessful. However, a Gamow-Teller hindrance factor h = 2.2(3), and a cross-section of about 3nb for the production of 100Sn in fusion-evaporation reaction between 58Ni beam and 50Cr target have been estimated from the data on heavier tin isotopes. The estimated hindrance factor is similar to the values derived for lower shell nuclei.
PACS.21.10.-k Properties of nuclei; nuclear energy levels 23.40.-s β decay; double β decay; electron and muon capture 27.60.+j 90≤A≤149
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.G. Martinez-Pinedo, A. Poves, E. Caurier, A.P. Zuker, Phys. Rev. C 53, R2602 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kavatsyuk, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 9.M. La Commara, Nucl. Phys. A 708, 161 (2002).Google Scholar
- 16.A. Stolz, PhD Thesis, Universität München, 2001.Google Scholar
- 19.B.A. Brown, K. Rykaczewski, Phys. Rev. C 50, R2270 (1994).Google Scholar
- 22.R. Kirchner, private communication.Google Scholar
- 23.R. Schneider, PhD Thesis, Universität München, 1996.Google Scholar
- 24.O. Kavatsyuk, submitted to Eur. Phys. J. A.Google Scholar