A new measurement of the structure functions PLL - PTT/ε and PLT in virtual Compton scattering at Q2 = 0.33 (GeV/c)2
- 65 Downloads
The cross-section of the ep → e′p′γ reaction has been measured at Q 2 = 0.33 (GeV/c)2. The experiment was performed using the electron beam of the MAMI accelerator and the standard detector setup of the A1 Collaboration. The cross-section is analyzed using the low-energy theorem for virtual Compton scattering, yielding a new determination of the two structure functions PLL - PTT/ε and PLT which are linear combinations of the generalized polarizabilities of the proton. We find somewhat larger values than in the previous investigation at the same Q 2. This difference, however, is purely due to our more refined analysis of the data. The results tend to confirm the non-trivial Q 2-evolution of the generalized polarizabilities and call for more measurements in the low-Q 2 region (≤ 1 (GeV/c)2).
PACS13.60.Fz Elastic and Compton scattering 14.20.Dh Protons and neutrons 25.30.Rw Electroproduction reactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.N. d’Hose, H. Merkel, Double Polarization Virtual Compton Scattering in the threshold regime at MAMI, MAMI proposal A1-1/00 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Janssens, Double-polarized virtual Compton scattering as a probe of the proton structure, PhD Thesis, Universiteit Gent (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.L. Doria, Polarization observables in virtual Compton scattering, PhD Thesis, Universität Mainz (2008).Google Scholar
- 30.R. Gilman et al., Proposal, JLab PR-07-004 (2006).Google Scholar
- 31.M.O. Distler, MAMI A1-2/05 proposal (2005).Google Scholar