Polarization in hyperon photo- and electro-production⋆
- 37 Downloads
Multiple polarization observables must be measured to access the amplitude structure of pseudoscalar meson photoproduction off the proton. The hyperon-producing reactions are especially attractive to study, since the weak decays allow straightforward measurement of the induced and recoil polarization observables. In this paper we emphasize γ + p → K+ + Λ , discussing recent measurements of Cx, Cz, and P for this reaction. An empirical constraint on the helicity amplitudes is obtained. A simplified model involving spin-flip and spin-non-flip amplitudes is presented. Finally, a semi-classical model of how the polarization may arise is presented.
PACS.25.20.Lj Photoproduction reactions 13.40.-f Electromagnetic processes and properties 13.60.Le Meson production 13.60.-r Photon and charged-lepton interactions with hadrons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.R.A. Schumacher, Proceedings of the IX International Conference on Hypernuclear and Strange Particle Physics (HYP 2006), October 10-14, 2006, Mainz, Germany, edited by J. Pochodzalla, Th. Walcher (SIF and Springer-Verlag, 2007) p. 339, arXiv:nucl-ex/0611035.Google Scholar
- 8.F.J. Klein, Proceedings of the Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons, NStar2005, Tallahassee, FL, Oct. 2005, edited by S. Capstick, V. Crede, P. Eugenio (World Scientific, 2006) p. 159Google Scholar
- 9.H. Schmieden, this conference.Google Scholar
- 16.GRAAL Experiment (A. Lleres), private communication.Google Scholar
- 18.See, for example, Eugen Merzbacher, Quantum Mechanics, 2nd edition (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1970) p. 281.Google Scholar
- 19.A. Sarantsev, this conferenceGoogle Scholar