K0πand K*0Σ+ photoproduction off the proton
- 65 Downloads
The exclusive reactions γp → K *0Σ+(1189) and γp → K 0π0Σ+(1189) , leading to the p 4π0 final state, have been measured with a tagged photon beam for incident energies from threshold up to 2.5GeV. The experiment has been performed at the tagged photon facility of the ELSA accelerator (Bonn). The Crystal Barrel and TAPS detectors were combined to a photon detector system of almost 4π geometrical acceptance. Differential and total cross-sections are reported. At energies close to the threshold, a flat angular distribution has been observed for the reaction γp → K 0π0Σ+ suggesting dominant s -channel production. Σ*(1385) and higher-lying hyperon states have been observed. An enhancement in the forward direction in the angular distributions of the reaction γp → K *0Σ+ indicates a t -channel exchange contribution to the reaction mechanism. The experimental data are in reasonable agreement with recent theoretical predictions.
PACS.13.60.Le Meson production 25.20.Lj Photoproduction reactions 14.20.Jn Hyperons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.A.V. Anisovich, arXiv: hep-ph/07073596.Google Scholar
- 15.F. Wieland, PhD Thesis, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany (2005).Google Scholar
- 20.D. Husmann, W.J. Schwille, Phys. Bl. 44, 40 (1988).Google Scholar
- 21.W. Hillert, Eur. Phys. J. A 28, s01, 139 (2006).Google Scholar
- 25.D. Trnka, PhD Thesis, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany (2006).Google Scholar
- 26.CBELSA Collaboration (I. Horn), arXiv: nucl-ex/ 07111138.Google Scholar
- 27.Particle Data Group (W.M. Jao), J. Phys. G 33, 1049 (2006).Google Scholar
- 28.CLAS Collaboration (L. Guo, D.P. Weygand), Proceedings of the Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons NSTAR 2005, Florida State University, Tallahassee, 12-15 October 2005, edited by S. Capstick (World Scientific, Singapore, 2006) p. 306.Google Scholar
- 29.M. Nanova for the CBELSA/TAPS Collaboration, Proceedings of the Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons NSTAR 2005, Florida State University, Tallahassee, 12-15 October 2005, edited by S. Capstick (World Scientific, Singapore, 2006) p. 359.Google Scholar
- 30.M. Döring, PhD Thesis, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain (2006).Google Scholar
- 31.Q. Zhao, Numerical fit by the quark model of ref. zhao to the CBELSA/TAPS data, private communication.Google Scholar