Mass measurements and evaluation around A = 22
- 82 Downloads
Frequency ratio measurements with different combinations of the singly charged ions from 21, 22, 23Na , 22, 24Mg , and 37, 39K were performed at the on-line Penning trap mass spectrometer ISOLTRAP, CERN, Geneva. The masses and mass differences were deduced with a relative uncertainty of about or even below one part in 108 for the ions of interest using a least-squares analysis of all measured relations. The results have direct consequences for weak-interaction study as they give additional input to the test of CVC, and for nuclear astrophysics, because they help to establish the minimum observable signal for a NeNa cycle in a nova burst. We report here about the measurements and the detailed evaluation.
PACS.21.10.Dr Binding energies and masses 26.30.-k Nucleosynthesis in novae, supernovae and other explosive environments 27.30.+t 20≤A≤38 32.10.Bi Atomic masses, mass spectra, abundances, and isotopes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.M.A. Preston, Physics of nucleus (Addison-Wesley Publication Company, Inc., 1962).Google Scholar
- 7.D.D. Clayton, F. Hoyle, Astrophys. J. 187, L101 (1974).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Jean, Proceedings of the 4th INTEGRAL Workshop, Alicante, 2000, edited by A. Gimenez, V. Reglero, C. Winkler, Vol. 459 (ESA Special Publication, 2001) p. 73.Google Scholar
- 14.M. Wiescher, K. Langanke, Z. Phys. A 325, 309 (1986).Google Scholar
- 21.M. Mukherjee, ISOLTRAP: An on-line Penning trap for mass spectrometry on short-lived nuclides, this issue.Google Scholar
- 27.S. Brandt, Statistical and computational methods in data analysis (North Holland, Amsterdam, 1970).Google Scholar
- 29.A. Anttila, Z. Phys. A 234, 455 (1970).Google Scholar
- 30.E. Beck, H. Daniel, Z. Phys. A 216, 229 (1968).Google Scholar