Measurement of the beam asymmetry in η photoproduction off the proton
- 94 Downloads
The beam asymmetry, Σ , was measured at ELSA in the reaction \( \boldsymbol\gamma\) p → ηp using linearly polarised tagged photon beams, produced by coherent bremsstrahlung off a diamond. The crystal was oriented to provide polarised photons in the energy range E γ = 800 to 1400MeV with the maximum polarisation of P γ = 49 % obtained at 1305MeV. Both dominant decay modes of the η into two photons and 3π0 were used to extract the beam asymmetry from the azimuthal modulation of the cross-section. The measurements cover the angular range Θcm ≃ 50 -150 degrees. Large asymmetries up to 80% are observed, in agreement with a previous measurement. The eta-MAID model and the Bonn-Gatchina partial wave analysis describe the measurements, but the required partial waves differ significantly.
PACS.13.60.-r Photon and charged-lepton interactions with hadrons 13.60.Le Meson production 13.88.+e Polarization in interactions and scattering 14.20.Gk Baryon resonances with S = 0
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A.C. Kalloniatis, D.B. Leinweber, A.G. Williams (Editors), Lattice Hadron Physics, Lect. Notes Phys. 663 (Springer, 2005).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Saghai, Z. Li, Proceedings of the Workshop on the Physics of excited Nucleons, Pittsburgh (2002), edited by S.A. Dytman, E.S. Swanson (World Scientific, 2003) p. 166.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Dugger, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 22202Google Scholar
- 17.V. Kouznetsov, PIN Newslett. 16, 160 (2002).Google Scholar
- 19.W. Hillert, Eur. Phys. J. A 28, s01, 139 (2006).Google Scholar
- 21.D. Elsner, doctoral thesis, Bonn (2006).Google Scholar
- 25.B. Kopf, doctoral thesis, Dresden (2002).Google Scholar
- 29.H. Flemming, doctoral thesis, Bochum (2000).Google Scholar