Photoproduction of η -mesons on the deuteron above S11(1535) in the presence of a narrow P11(1670) -resonance
Incoherent photoproduction of η -mesons on the deuteron is considered. The main attention is paid to the region above the S11(1535) -resonance where a rather narrow resonance-like structure in the total cross-section extracted for γn → ηn has been reported. The corresponding experimental results are analyzed from the phenomenological standpoint within the model containing a baryon P11 with a mass of about 1670MeV and a width less than 30MeV. This resonance was suggested in some recent works as a nonstrange member of the pentaquark antidecuplet with JP = 1/2+ . The calculation is also performed for the polarized and unpolarized angular distributions of η -mesons. In addition, we present our predictions for the cross-sections of the neutral kaons and double pion photoproduction, where the same narrow P11(1670) -resonance is assumed to contribute through the decay into K0Λ and πΔ configuration.
PACS.13.60.Le Meson production 25.10.+s Nuclear reactions involving few-nucleon systems 25.20.Lj Photoproduction reactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Höhler, Pion-Nucleon Scattering, Vol. I/9b2 (Springer, Berlin, 1983).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Kouznetsov, hep-ex/0606065.Google Scholar
- 12.I. Jaegle, Proceedings of the NSTAR2005 Workshop, Tallahassee, FL, USA, 2005 (World Scientific, 2006) p. 340Google Scholar
- 13.B. Krusche, to be published in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Quarks and Nuclear Physics, Madrid, June 2006.Google Scholar
- 14.J. Kasagi, talk at Yukawa International Seminar YKIS2006, Kyoto, Japan, November-December 2006, http://www2.yukawa.kyoto-u.ac.jp/$\sim$ykis06/.Google Scholar
- 18.V. Guzey, M.V. Polyakov, hep-ph/0512355.Google Scholar
- 36.V. Kouznetsov, $\pi N$ Newslett. 16, 160 (2002).Google Scholar
- 37.V. Shklyar, H. Lenske, U. Mosel, nucl-th/0611036.Google Scholar