Decay of 1.643 h 95Ru and its daughter's level structure
- 51 Downloads
The decay of 95Ru has been investigated by means of γ-ray spectroscopy. The 95Ru nuclei were produced by the reaction 92Mo( α, n) 95Ru at a beam energy of 17MeV. High-purity Ge detectors have been used singly and in coincidence to study γ-rays in the decay of 95Ru to 95Tc. 132 γ-rays are reported, among them, energies and intensities for 127 transitions have been determined. A decay scheme of 95Ru with 31 levels is proposed which accommodates 127 of these transitions. Spins and parities for three new levels are proposed from calculated log ft values, measured γ-ray branching ratios, and in-beam experiment results of the daughter nucleus 95Tc. Combining with the high-spin states observed by in-beam γ-ray spectroscopy of previous decay works, the structure of the excited states of 95Tc is discussed in the framework of the projected shell model.
PACS.23.20.Lv γ transitions and level energies 27.60.+j 90≤A≤149 21.60.Cs Shell model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fang Keming, Liu Jingyi, Shi Shuanghui, Gu Jiahui, Zeng Jiping, Yu Xiaohan, Shen Shuifa, Li Yan, High Energy Phys. Nucl. Phys. (in Chinese) 23, 820 (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Blann, University of Rochester report, UR NSRL-181 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Okano, K. Aoki, Annu. Rep. Res. Reactor Inst. Kyoto Univ. 23, 24 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.C.M. Lederer, J.M. Hollander, I. Perlman, Table of Isotopes (Wiley International Publication, New York, 1967).Google Scholar
- 7.J.B. Ball, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 15, 551 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.T.W. Burrows, Nuclear Data Sheets 68, 717 (1993).Google Scholar
- 16.Edgardo Browne, Janis M. Dairiki, Raymond E. Doebler, Table of Isotopes, edited by C. Michael Lederer, Virginia S. Shirley, seventh edition (Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, Chichester, Brisbane, Toronto) Appendices-38.Google Scholar
- 19.Aage Bohr, Ben R. Mottelson, Nuclear Structure, Vol. 1 (Benjamin, New York, Amsterdam, 1969) p. 169.Google Scholar