Unraveling the f0 nature by connecting KLOE and BABAR data through analyticity
- 26 Downloads
We define a general procedure, based on analyticity and dispersion relations, to estimate low-energy amplitudes for processes like: φ→e + e - M and φ→γM, starting from cross-section data on e + e -→φM, where M is a generic light scalar or pseudoscalar meson. In particular this procedure is constructed to obtain predictions on the radiative decay rate which are crucially linked on the assumed quark structure for the meson M under consideration. Three cases are analyzed: M = η, M = f 0(q¯) and M = f 0(qq¯). While in the η case the estimate of the branching fraction for the radiative decay φ→ηγ is in agreement with the data, in the case of f 0, such agreement is obtained only under the hypothesis of a tetraquark scalar meson.
PACS.11.55.-n S-matrix theory; analytic structure of amplitudes 13.25.-k Hadronic decays of mesons 13.40.Gp Electromagnetic form factors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. Klempt, arXiv:hep-ph/0404270.Google Scholar
- 11.G. Zweig, CERN report S419/TH412 (1964) unpublishedGoogle Scholar
- 17.See for instance: E.C. Tichmarsch, The Theory of Functions (Oxford University Press, London, 1939).Google Scholar
- 18.B.V. Geshkenbein, Yad. Fiz. 9, 1232 (1969).Google Scholar
- 19.BABAR Collaboration (A. Zallo), private comunication.Google Scholar
- 21.BABAR Collaboration (G. Solodov), Initial state radiation study at BABAR and the application to the R measurement and hadron spectroscopy, talk presented at ICHEP 06, Moscow, Russia. Google Scholar