Longitudinal and transverse target-spin asymmetries associated with DVCS on the proton at HERMES
- 25 Downloads
Measurements of azimuthal cross-section asymmetries from deeply virtual Compton scattering on transversely and longitudinally polarized hydrogen and longitudinally polarized deuterium targets at HERMES are reported. By comparing the HERMES results on the transverse target-spin asymmetry with theoretical calculations based on a phenomenological model of generalized parton distributions, a model-dependent constraint on the total angular momentum carried by quarks in the nucleon is obtained.
PACS.13.60.-r Photon and charged-lepton interactions with hadrons 24.85.+p Quarks, gluons, and QCD in nuclei and nuclear processes 13.60.Fz Elastic and Compton scattering 13.88.+e Polarization in interactions and scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Mueller, Fortschr. Phys. 42, 101 (1994) hep-ph/9812448.Google Scholar
- 7.HERMES Collaboration (Z. Ye), PoS (HEP2005) 120 (2006) hep-ex/0512010.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Vanderhaeghen, P. Guichon, M. Guidal, Computer code for the calculation of DVCS and BH processes in the reaction $ep\rightarrow ep\gamma$ (2001), private communication.Google Scholar
- 11.HERMES Collaboration (Z. Ye), hep-ex/0606061 (2006).Google Scholar
- 12.HERMES Collaboration (A. Airapetian), hep-ex/0605108 (2006).Google Scholar