Beta decay of 101Sn
The β decay of the very neutron-deficient isotope 101Sn was studied at the GSI on-line mass separator using silicon detectors for recording charged particles and germanium detectors for γ-ray spectroscopy. Based on the β-delayed proton data the production cross-section of 101Sn in the 50Cr + 58Ni fusion-evaporation reaction was determined to be about 60nb. The half-life of 101Sn was measured to be 1.9(3)s. For the first time β-delayed γ-rays of 101Sn were tentatively identified, yielding weak evidence for a cascade of 352 and 1065keV transitions in 101In. The results for the 101Sn decay as well as those from previous work on the 103Sn decay are discussed by comparing them to predictions obtained from shell model calculations employing a new interaction in the 88Sr to 132Sn model space.
PACS.27.60.+j 90≤A≤149 21.10.-k Properties of nuclei; nuclear energy levels 23.40.-s β decay; double β decay; electron and muon capture 21.10.Tg Lifetimes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Stolz, PhD Thesis, TU München (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Karny, Eur. Phys. J. A 25, s01, 135 (2005) DOI: 10.1140/epjad/i2005-06-037-9.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Kavatsyuk, Eur. Phys. J. A 25, s01, 139 (2005) DOI: 10.1140/epjad/i2005-06-038-8.Google Scholar
- 10.B.A. Brown, K. Rykaczewski, Phys. Rev. C 50, R2270 (1994).Google Scholar
- 17.J. Gerl, Proceedings of the Conference on Physics from Large $\gamma$ ray Detector Arrays, Berkeley, USA, 1994 (LBL 35687, UC 413, 1994) p. 159.Google Scholar
- 18.R. Kirchner, private communication.Google Scholar
- 21.H. Grawe, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 22.R. Machleidt, F. Sammarruca, Y. Song, Phys. Rev. C 53, R1483 (1996).Google Scholar
- 24.M. Hjorth-Jensen, private communication.Google Scholar
- 25.B.A. Brown, A. Etchegoyen, W.D.M. Rae, Computer Code OXBASH, MSU-NSCL report No. 524 (1988).Google Scholar
- 26.B. Jonson, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Nuclei far from Stability, Cargèse, 1976, CERN 76-13, p. 277.Google Scholar
- 29.O. Kavatsyuk, GSI Sci. Rep. 2005, GSI Report 2006-1, p. 152.Google Scholar