Precision measurements of kaonic atoms at DA ΦNE and future perspectives
- 35 Downloads
The DAΦNE electron-positron collider at the Frascati National Laboratories has made available a unique “beam" of negative kaons providing unprecedented conditions for the study of the low-energy kaon-nucleon interaction, a field still largely unexplored. The DEAR (DAΦNE Exotic Atom Research) experiment at DAΦNE and its successor SIDDHARTA (SIlicon Drift Detector for Hadronic Atom Research by Timing Application) aim at a precision measurement of the strong-interaction shift and width of the fundamental 1s level, via the measurement of the X-ray transitions to this level, for kaonic hydrogen and kaonic deuterium. The aim is to extract the isospin-dependent antikaon-nucleon scattering lengths and to contribute to the understanding of aspects of chiral symmetry breaking in the strangeness sector.
PACS.36.10.-k Exotic atoms and molecules (containing mesons, muons, and other unusual particles) 13.75.Jz Kaon-baryon interactions 29.30.Kv X- and γ-ray spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Vignola, Proceedings of the 5th European Particle Accelerator Conference, Sitges (Barcelona), edited by S. Myres (Institute of Physics Publishing, Bristol and Philadelphia, 1996) p. 22.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Cargnelli on behalf of the SIDDHARTA Collaboration, Acta Phys. Slovaca 55, 65 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Bianco, Riv. Nuovo Cimento 22, No. 11, 1 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Guaraldo, Proceedings of the DAFNE'99 Workshop, November 16-19, 1999, Frascati, Italy, edited by S. Bianco, F. Bossi, G. Capon, F.L. Fabbri, P. Gianotti, G. Isidori, F. Murtas, Frascati Physics Series, Vol. XVI (INFN, LNS, 1999) p. 643.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Mares, E. Friedman, A. Gal, Nucl. Phys. A 770 (2006)Google Scholar