Hints of incomplete thermalization in RHIC data
- 30 Downloads
The large elliptic flow observed in Au- Au collisions at RHIC is often put forward as a compelling evidence for the formation of a strongly interacting quark-gluon plasma. The main argument is that the measured elliptic flow is as large as the value given by fluid dynamics models that assume complete thermalization. It is argued that this claim may not be justified, since a detailed examination of experimental data rather suggests that the system created is not fully equilibrated at the time when anisotropic flow develops.
PACS.25.75.Ld Collective flow 24.10.Nz Hydrodynamic models
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.P.F. Kolb, U. Heinz, Quark Gluon Plasma 3, edited by R. Hwa, X.-N. Wang (World Scientific, Singapore, 2004) p. 634.Google Scholar
- 6.See the various contributions to these proceedings.Google Scholar
- 9.N. Borghini, P.M. Dinh, J.Y. Ollitrault, Pramana 60, 753 (2003).Google Scholar
- 13.N. Borghini, J.-Y. Ollitrault, preprint nucl-th/0506045. Google Scholar
- 16.U. Heinz, P.F. Kolb, J. Phys. G 30, S1229 (2004).Google Scholar
- 17.R. Andrade, F. Grassi, preprint nucl-th/0511021.Google Scholar
- 23.M. Miller, R. Snellings, preprint nucl-ex/0312008.Google Scholar