What can we learn from hydrodynamic analysis at RHIC?
- 23 Downloads
We can establish a new picture, the perfect fluid sQGP core and the dissipative hadronic corona, of the space-time evolution of produced matter in relativistic heavy-ion collisions at RHIC. It is also shown that the picture works well also in the forward rapidity region through an analysis based on a new class of the hydro-kinetic model and that this is a manifestation of the rapid increase of the entropy density in the vicinity of QCD critical temperature, namely, deconfinement.
PACS.24.85.+p Quarks, gluons, and QCD in nuclei and nuclear processes 25.75.-q Relativistic heavy-ion collisions 24.10.Nz Hydrodynamic models
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.http://www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/pr/PR\_display.asp ?prID=05-38.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Huovinen, in Quark Gluon Plasma 3, edited by R.C. Hwa, X.N. Wang (World Scientific, 2004) p. 600Google Scholar
- 6.BRAHMS Collaboration (H. Ito), talk given at the 18th International Conference on Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions, Quark Matter 2005 (QM 2005), Budapest, Hungary, 4-9 August 2005. Google Scholar
- 7.C. Nonaka, S. Bass, nucl-th/0510038. (This paper employs different hydrodynamic and hadronic cascade codes from the present paper.)Google Scholar
- 9.PHENIX Collaboration (K. Adcox ), nucl-ex/0410003. %%CITATION = NUCL-EX 0410003Google Scholar
- 10.T. Hirano, M. Gyulassy, nucl-th/0506049.Google Scholar
- 16.Recently, the effect of event-by-event fluctuation in the initial conditions is found to reduce $v_2$ in forward and backward rapidity regions. It is concluded that a lack of thermalisation is not needed when fluctuation is taken into account: R. Andrade, F. Grassi, Y. Hama, T. Kodama, O. Socolowski jr., B. Tavares, nucl-th/0511021.Google Scholar
- 17.T. Hirano, U. Heinz, D. Kharzeev, R. Lacey, Y. Nara, nucl-th/0511046.Google Scholar
- 18.One can find many papers in these proceedings for recent progress to understand non-equilibrium aspects of gauge theories and an initial prethermalisation stage in relativistic heavy-ion collisions.Google Scholar