The K0 SK0 S final state in two-photon collisions and SU(3) tensor nonets
- 102 Downloads
The K0 SK0 S final state in two-photon collisions is studied with the L3 experiment at LEP, using orbital angular momentum operators. The mass spectrum is dominated by the formation of tensor mesons, their two-photon partial width are determined. A signal at 1700-1800MeV is found to be a new tensor state f 2(1750) with mass M = (1755±10)MeV and width Γ = (67±12)MeV. All observed tensor resonances obey SU(3) relations. The f 2(1750) state forms a second tensor nonet together with f 2(1560) and a 2(1700). The SU(3) analysis allows us to determine with good accuracy mixing angles between nonstrange and strange components of the isoscalar members of tensor nonets.
PACS.11.80.Et Partial-wave analysis 13.60.Le Meson production 13.25.-k Hadronic decays of mesons 14.40.-n Mesons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.F.L. Linde, Charm Production in Two-Photon Collisions, PhD Thesis, Rijksuniversiteit, Leiden (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Brun, GEANT 3.15 preprint CERN DD/EE/84-1 (1984)Google Scholar
- 8.H. Fesefeldt, RWTH Aachen report PITHA 85/2 (1985).Google Scholar
- 13.Particle Data Group (K. Hagiwara), Phys. Rev. D 66, 1 (2002).Google Scholar
- 17.V.A. Schegelsky, Partial wave analysis of $\pi^+\pi^-\pi^0$ production in two-photon collisions at LEP, this issue, p. 199.Google Scholar