Measurement of πphotoproduction on the proton from 550 to 1500 MeV at GRAAL
- 131 Downloads
Neutral pion photoproduction has been measured from 550 to 1500 MeV with the GRAAL facility, located at the ESRF in Grenoble. Differential cross-section and beam asymmetry have been measured over a wide angular range. These high-precision data improve significantly the database for the beam asymmetry in the second and third resonance regions covering for the first time the energy domain 1100-1500 MeV. New partial-wave analyses including these data are presented for which the beam asymmetry brings crucial constraints.
PACS.13.60.Le Meson production 13.88.+e Polarization in interactions and scattering 25.20.Lj Photoproduction reactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.P Bocquet, V. Kuznetsov, D. Rebreyend (Editors), Proceedings of the Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons, NSTAR2004 (World Scientific, 2004).Google Scholar
- 14.F. Renard, Thesis, Université J. Fourier (Grenoble) 1999, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 15.C. Fry, MSci research project at Imperial College, LPSC internal report 2002, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 16.F.R. Arutyunian , Teor. Fiz. 45, 312 (1963).Google Scholar
- 17.L. Nicoletti, Thesis, Université J. Fourier (Grenoble) 2002, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 25.The full data set is available at the website http://lpsc. in2p3.fr/GRAAL1.Google Scholar
- 29.SAID-FA04, website http://gwdac.phys.gwu.edu.Google Scholar
- 30.L. Tiator , Eur. Phys. J. A 19, S01, 55 (2004).Google Scholar
- 31.S.S. Kamalov, L. Tiator, MAID2005, private communication.Google Scholar
- 32.L. Tiator , Proceedings of the Workshop on the Physics of Excited Nucleons, NSTAR2005, to be published by World Scientific.Google Scholar