Electromagnetic response and breakup of light weakly bound nuclei in a dicluster model
- 99 Downloads
The light weakly bound nucleus 7Li is studied within a dicluster α + t picture. Different observables obtained within our simple model are compared with previous calculations and experiments showing good agreement. In particular, we calculate dipole and quadrupole electromagnetic response to the continuum. The energy distribution of B(Eλ) values are consistent with the energy-weighted molecular sum rule and display a sizable contribution of non-resonant character arising from the weak binding property. The corresponding form factors for excitations to the continuum are used in a semiclassical coupled-channel scheme to get estimates for the breakup cross-section in a heavy-ion reaction. The nuclear contribution is found to play an important role in the process for bombarding energies around the Coulomb barrier. The masses and charges ratios of the two clusters are shown to lead to features of the cluster halo that may significantly differ from the one usually associated with one-nucleon haloes.
PACS.21.60.Gx Cluster models 24.10.Eq Coupled-channel and distorted-wave models 25.60.Gc Breakup and momentum distributions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.J. Al-Khalili, F. Nunes, J. Phys. G 29, (2003), R89.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Typel, G. Baur, nucl-th/0411069.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Bohr, B.R. Mottelson, Nuclear Structure (W.A. Benjamin, Inc., New York, Amsterdam, 1969).Google Scholar
- 21.B. Buck, A.C. Merchant, J. Phys. G 14, L211 (1988).Google Scholar
- 22.T. Kajino, Nucl. Phys. 460, 559 (1986).Google Scholar
- 26.R.A. Broglia, A. Winther, Heavy Ion Reactions (Addison-Wesley, Redwood City, 1991).Google Scholar
- 29.D. Gupta , Nucl. Phys. 646, 161 (1999)Google Scholar