Unnatural-parity states in 4421Sc23
- 67 Downloads
High-spin states of the 44Sc nucleus, populated in the 68 MeV 18O + 30Si reaction, have been studied in a γ-γ-recoil coincidence experiment. The detailed decay pattern, with various paths and cross-transitions, has been extended up to 9.1 MeV. High-quality DCO and polarization information assign spins and parities for the majority of the observed levels. The negative-parity states are discussed and compared with rotational bands in neighbouring f7/2-shell nuclei.
PACS.21.60.Cs Shell model 23.20.Lv γ transitions and level energies 27.40.+z 39 ⩽ A ⩽ 58
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. Bednarczyk, Acta Phys. Pol. B 32, 747 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.C.E. Svensson, Phys. Rev. C 58, R2621 (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.E. Cottereau-Larson, Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 236, 485 (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.W. Meczyński, IFJ Report 1782/PL (1997).Google Scholar
- 13.S.E. Arnell, Phys. Scr. 8, 191 (1973).Google Scholar
- 14.G.D. Dracoulis, J. Phys. A 6, 1030Google Scholar
- 15.P. Bednarczyk, Eur. Phys. J. A 20, 45 (2004).Google Scholar
- 16.G. Stoitcheva, Shell model analysis of intruder states and high-K isomers in the fp shell, to be published in Eur. Phys. J. A 25, s01 (2005).Google Scholar