Coexisting oblate and strongly triaxial structures in 191Pt
Excited states in 191Pt have been populated using the reaction 186W + 11B at 85MeV beam energy. Gamma-ray coincidences were measured using the EUROGAM-II spectrometer array. The level scheme has been extended considerably. Evidence for favoured structures of highly triaxial shape with γ ∼ -90° coexisting with oblate structures has been obtained by comparison with total Routhian surface and cranked shell model calculations. The presence of proton excitations in both positive- and negative-parity states has been confirmed.
PACS.29.30.Kv X- and γ-ray spectroscopy 23.20.Lv γ transitions and level energies 21.60.Ev Collective models 27.80.+w 190 ⩽ A ⩽ 219
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.H. Toki, Nucl. Phys. A 279, 1 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.G. Duchêne, in Proceedings of the Workshop on Large Gamma-Ray Detector Arrays, Chalk River, Canada, 1992, AECL 10613 (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.E. Gueorguieva, PhD Thesis No. 5796, Université Paris-Sud and University of Sofia (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.D.C. Radford, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 361, 297 (1995).Google Scholar
- 17.J. Meyer ter Vehn, Nucl. Phys. A 249, 111Google Scholar
- 19.N. Fotiades, J. Phys. G 21, 911 (1995).Google Scholar