New isotope 265Bh
- 76 Downloads
A new isotope 265Bh was produced and identified at the Sector Focus Cyclotron of the Heavy Ion Research Facility in Lanzhou. This experiment was performed via the reaction of an 243Am target with 168 MeV 26Mg ions. Identification was made by observation of correlated \(\alpha \) -particle decays between the new isotope 265Bh and its 261Db and 257Lr daughter nuclei using a set of rotating-wheels system. A total of 8 correlated decay events of 265Bh and 4 decay events of 264Bh were observed. 265Bh decays with a 0.94 -0.31 + 0.70 s half-life by emission of \(\alpha \)-particles with an average energy of \(9.24 \pm 0.05\) MeV. The half-life and \(\alpha \) decay energy of 265Bh from this experiment are in agreement with theoretical predictions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. Ghiorso, D. Lee et al. , Phys. Rev. C 51, R2293 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Münzenberg, S. Hofmann et al. , Z. Phys. A 300, 107 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.R.B. Firestone et al. , Table of Isotopes, eighth edition (LBL, New York, 1996).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Sümmerer, M. Brügger et al. , GSI Annu. Rep. 1983, 84-1 (1984) p. 246.Google Scholar
- 13.Zhongzhou Ren, J. Nucl. Radiochem. Sci. 3, 195 (2002).Google Scholar
- 14.G. Pfennig et al. , Chart of the Nuclides, 6th edition (Druckhaus Haberbeck, Lage/Lippe, 1995), revised reprint 1998.Google Scholar