On relativistic approaches to the pion self-energy in nuclear matter
- 33 Downloads
We argue that, in contrast to the non-relativistic approach, a relativistic evaluation of the nucleon-hole and delta-isobar-nucleon-hole contributions to the pion self-energy incorporates the s-wave scattering, whose magnitude within the RPA is in conflict with the near-threshold behavior imposed by chiral symmetry. As a result, a relativistic approach to the pion self-energy in isospin-symmetric nuclear matter, containing only these diagrams, does not satisfy the known experimental results on the near-threshold behavior of the \(\pi\)-nucleon (forward) scattering amplitude.
KeywordsRelativistic Evaluation Nuclear Matter Chiral Symmetry Relativistic Approach
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.A.B. Migdal, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 61, 2209 (1972) (Sov. Phys. JETP 34, 1184 (1972)).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Ericson, W. Weise, Pions and Nuclei (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1988).Google Scholar
- 8.L.B. Leinson, A. Perez, arXiv: nucl-th/0307025.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Sakai, report on the International Conference COMEX1, Paris, 2003.Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Tomozawa, Nuovo Cimento A 46, 707 (1966); S. Weinberg, Phys. Rev. Lett. 17, 616 (1966).Google Scholar