Isospectral superdeformed bands in the N = 46 nuclei 88Mo and 89Tc
- 38 Downloads
Superdeformed bands in 88Mo and 89Tc were populated using 40Ca-induced fusion-evaporation reactions on 58Ni at a beam energy of 185MeV. Gamma-rays emitted in the reactions were detected using the Gammasphere spectrometer, in coincidence with charged particles detected by the Microball array. A new superdeformed band was assigned to the nucleus 88Mo, leading to a revisit of earlier configuration assignments for superdeformed structures in this nucleus. In particular, the theoretical interpretation of a pair of identical (isospectral) superdeformed bands in 88Mo/89Tc is discussed. The configurations that are assigned to the four SD bands belonging to 88Mo have properties that are predicted to be significantly affected by pair correlations.
KeywordsCharged Particle Beam Energy Pair Correlation Theoretical Interpretation Superdeformed Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.T. Bäck et al. , Eur. Phys. J A 6, 391 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.F.S. Stephens et al. , Phys. Rev. C 57, R1565 (1998).Google Scholar
- 10.D.G. Sarantites et al. , Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 381, 418 (1996).Google Scholar
- 12.M. Devlin et al. , Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 383, 506 (1996).Google Scholar
- 13.C. Svensson et al. , Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. A 396, 228 (1997); 403, 57 (1998)(E).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Weiszflog et al. , Z. Phys. A 342, 257 (1992).Google Scholar
- 20.W. Satula, R. Wyss, Phys. Scr. T56, 159 (1995).Google Scholar