A study of proton-induced reactions at 190 MeV
- 36 Downloads
Differential cross-sections and proton multiplicities, resulting from the bombardment of 56Fe, 208Pb, and 238U targets by a 190 MeV proton beam were measured for the first time. Data were taken over two different angular ranges 5\(^\circ\)-30\(^\circ\) and 91\(^\circ\)-160\(^\circ\) with two different detection systems. Angular distributions of fast (> 20 MeV) protons are all forward peaked, due to the dominating elastic-scattering contribution. Moreover, the shapes of the distributions are quite independent of the target. The results are compared with modern optical-model predictions and with Intra-Nuclear Cascade (INC) calculations. Reasonable agreement between calculations and experimental data is obtained in the forward angles, but the comparison clearly indicates the need to modify the parameterization of the model at backward angles, where the agreement is rather poor.
KeywordsExperimental Data Detection System 208Pb Angular Distribution Reasonable Agreement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. Koning et al. , J. Nucl. Sci. Technol. 2, 1161 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Kalantar-Nayestanaki et al. , Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 444, 591 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Brun et al. , GEANT3 Users Guide, Data Handling Division DD/EE/84-1, CERN (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Cugnon, P. Henrotte, Eur. Phys. J. A 16, 393 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.P.D. Kunz, University of Colorado, 1983, unpublished; B. Mukherjee et al. , Internal Report (KVI) (2003).Google Scholar