Properties of hot residual nuclei produced in pA reactions
- 26 Downloads
The predictions for the production of nuclides and particles in proton-induced reactions are important e.g. for the detailed design of spallation neutron sources or accelerator-driven-systems. Computational tools are required that are able to describe quantitatively the two-stage process i.e. intra-nuclear cascade followed by evaporation-fission. The first stage is a highly non-equilibrated process in which incoming proton deposits in hot residual nucleus both excitation energy and angular momentum. The CBUU transport model calculation for few targets, for the proton energy range 0.4-2.0 GeV are presented, with the idea to find global parametrizations for the distributions of charge, mass, excitation energy, angular momentum of hot residual nuclei.
KeywordsAngular Momentum Model Calculation Energy Range Excitation Energy Transport Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.S. Brown, A.D. Taylor, ICANS XIII, 13th Meeting of the International Collaboration on Advanced Neutron Sources, Report PSI-Proc. 95-02, November 1995, ISSN 1019-6447.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Pynn, ICANS XI, 11th Meeting of the International Collaboration on Advanced Neutron Sources, Report KEK 90-25.Google Scholar
- 3.G.S. Bauer, ICANS XIV, 14th Meeting of the International Collaboration on Advanced Neutron Sources, Report ANL-98/33, ISSN 1560-859X.Google Scholar
- 4.The ESS Technical study, ESS-96-53-M, ISBN 0902376659 (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.W. Cassing, T. Demski, L. Jarczyk, B. Kamys, Z. Rudy, O.W.B. Schult, A. Strzalkowski, Z. Phys. A 349, 77 (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Rudy, Report INP No. 1811/PH, Kraków 1998Google Scholar