Mixture graph based semi-supervised dimensionality reduction
- First Online:
- 55 Downloads
Graph structure is crucial to graph based dimensionality reduction. A mixture graph based semi-supervised dimensionality reduction (MGSSDR) method with pairwise constraints is proposed. MGSSDR first constructs multiple diverse graphs on different random subspaces of dataset, then it combines these graphs into a mixture graph and does dimensionality reduction on this mixture graph. MGSSDR can preserve the pairwise constraints and local structure of samples in the reduced subspace. Meanwhile, it is robust to noise and neighborhood size. Experimental results on facial images feature extraction demonstrate its effectiveness.
Keywordsdimensionality reduction mixture graph pairwise constraints noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. J. P. van der Maaten, E. O. Postma, and H. J. van den Herik, Dimensionality Reduction: a Comparative Review. Tilburg University Tech. Rep., TiCC-TR 2009-005, 2009.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Cevikalp, J. Verbeek, F. Jurie, and A. Klaser, “Semi-supervised Dimensionality Reduction Using Pairwise Equivalence Constraints,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, 2008), pp. 489–496.Google Scholar
- 3.X. J. Zhu, Semi-Supervised Learning Literature, Tech. Rep. 1530, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008, available: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jerryzhu/pub/ssl-survey.pdf.
- 4.D. Q. Zhang, Z. H. Zhou, and S. C. Chen, “Semi-supervised Dimensionality Reduction,” in Proc. SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining (Minneapolis, MN, USA, 2007), pp. 629–634.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Parsons, Q. Hua, and H. Liu, “Subspace Clustering for High Dimensional Data: a Review,” in Proc. ACM Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Explorations Newsletter (Seattles, WA, USA, 2004), pp. 90–105.Google Scholar
- 12.A. M. Martinez and R. Benavente, The AR-Face DataBase, CVC Tech. Rep. 24 (1998).Google Scholar