Human potential of cities of the Siberian Federal District: Estimate of ethnic risks in the context of increasing migration
- 35 Downloads
The paper characterizes the ethnic and demographic situation in the Siberian Federal District (SFD) with respect to migration processes. The population in the region and in particular ethnic communities is decreasing as a result of so-called “western trend.” The general conclusion is that it is impossible to stop this situation and to compensate for demographic losses, as well as the lower qualitative characteristics of the human potential that it produces. The result is a higher ethnic variability of the region with the orientalization of ethnic cultural values and higher competition in the labor market and in the sociocultural sphere, including due to the ethnic factor. Taking into account the increasing migration factor, these changes can be related to the category of risks. The ethnic risks accumulate the socioeconomic contradictions, thus still more deteriorating the human potential. The general conclusion is made about the level of the human potential remaining both in Siberia and nationally rather low. The future of this macro region depends on the attainment of a number of mutually relating objectives directed at creation of the conditions able to provide the sustainability of the qualitative demographic and labor potential and the stabilization of the situation in this multiethnic community.
Keywordshuman potential Siberia ethnic demographic structure migration ethnic social risks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Soboleva, S.V., Smirnova, N.E., and Chudaeva, O.V., Risks in formation of demographic potential in Russia, Reg.: Ekon. Sotsiol., 2011, no. 4, pp. 98–116.Google Scholar
- 2.Kalugina, Z.I., Resource deficit for development of human potential as the treat of modernization, Reg.: Ekon. Sotsiol., 2011, no. 1, pp. 50–71.Google Scholar
- 3.Etnopoliticheskaya situatsiya v Rossii i sopredel’nykh gosudarstvakh v 2010 godu: Ezhegodnyi doklad Seti etnologicheskogo monitoringa i rannego preduprezhdeniya konfliktov (Ethnopolitical Situation in Russia and Neighboring Countries in 2010: Annual Report of the Ethnological Monitoring and Early Prevention of Conflicts), Moscow: Inst. Etnol. Antropol., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.Makoveev, K., Migrant-phobia. http://news.ngs.ru/more/538457. Cited July 7, 2013.
- 5.Tishkov, V.A., What was not told by the candidate for presidency speaking about migration, Migratsiya XXI Vek, 2012, no. 1 (10), pp. 4–44.Google Scholar
- 6.Krasinets, E.S., Kubishin, E.S., and Tyuryukanova, E.V., Nelegal’naya migratsiya v Rossiyu (Illegal Migration in Russia), Moscow: Akademiya, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.Mukomel, V., Integration of Migrants: Russian Federation, CARIM-East Research Report 2013/02, San Domenico di Fiesole (FI): European University Institute, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, 2013.Google Scholar
- 8.Interview with the Head of Azerbaijan National-Cultural Autonomy, Rasim Sakhib-ogly Babaev. http://nsknews.info/news/126315. Cited August 12, 2013.
- 9.Interview with the Head of Armenian National-Cultural Autonomy, Frunzik Khachatryan. http://vn.ru/index.php?id=24355. Cited August 12, 2013.
- 10.Interview with the President of Tajik National-Cultural Autonomy of Novosibirsk, Minkhodzhidin Karimov. http://nsknews.info/news/127337. Cited August 12, 2013.
- 11.Interview with the mayor of Osh city, Melisbek Myrzakmatov. http://www.rg.ru/2013/07/04/reg-sibfo/melisbek.html. Cited August 12, 2013.
- 12.The General Office of Public Prosecutor of Russian Federation represented the “ethnic portrait” of the criminal. http://www.rosbalt.ru/main/2013/08/03/1160142.html. Cited August 12, 2013.
- 13.The number of crimes committed by foreign citizens has rose. http://news.vtomske.ru/news/69197.html. Cited August 12, 2013.
- 14.Ushakov, D.V., Possibilities and prospects of harmonization of interethnic relations of students (according to sociological studies in Novosibirsk), in Rossiya glazami narodov Sibiri (Russia by the Sights of Siberian Nationals), Novosibirsk, 2012, pp. 64–74.Google Scholar
- 15.Novosibirsk Muslims finished the Holly Fast. http://news.ngs.ru/more/98267. Cited July 7, 2013.
- 16.Crescent over “Rodniki”. http://news.ngs.ru/more/677477/. Cited July 7, 2013.
- 17.Muslims in Novosibirsk hold the Holly Fast easier then in Arab Emirates. http://sibkray.ru/news/2011-8-27/17584. Cited July 7, 2013.
- 18.Soboleva, S.V., Smirnova, N.E., and Chudaeva, O.V., Health of Siberian citizens: risks and their parameters, Reg.: Ekon. Sotsiol., 2010, no. 2, pp. 223–241.Google Scholar