Influence of millimeter-wave electromagnetic radiation on nitric oxide synthesis with aging of vessel endothelium in vitro
- 16 Downloads
Millimeter-wave electromagnetic radiation (EHF-therapy) is an effective method for treating various age-related pathologies, including cardiovascular diseases. Multidirectional changes in the synthesis of NO-synthase (eNOS) and endothelin-1 and the expression of angiotensin-2 and vasopressin were observed during EHF irradiation of aging human endothelial cell cultures, depending on the duration of the irradiation. These data showed that the EHF irradiation stimulates the functional activity of endotheliocytes, which could be of importance in the search for new approaches to the treatment of arterial hypertension and atherosclerosis.
KeywordsEHF radiation vessel endothelium nitric oxide aging
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pal’tsev, M.A. and Kvetnoi, I.M., Rukovodstvo po neiroimmunoendokrinologii (Handbook on Neuroimmune Endocrinology), Moscow: Shiko, 2014.Google Scholar
- 2.Pal’tsev, M.A., Kvetnoi, I.M., Polyakova, V.O., et al., Signaling molecules: place and role in individual diagnostics, treatment, and prophylactics of socially important diseases, Mol. Med., 2012, no. 5, pp. 3–8.Google Scholar
- 3.Sozykin, A.V., Noeva, E.A., Balakhonova, T.V., et al., Effect of L-arginine on platelet aggregation, endothelial function, and tolerance to the physical activity in patients with stable exertional angina, Ter. Arkh., 2008, no. 72(8), pp. 24–27.Google Scholar
- 4.Filippova, T.V., Implementation of electromagnetic millimeter range radiation for complex treatment of patients with arterial hypertension, Cand. Sci. (Med.) Dissertation, Tomsk, 2002.Google Scholar
- 7.Drobyshev, V.A., Filippova, G.N., and Loseva, M.I., The use of low-frequency magnetotherapy and EHF puncture in the combined treatment of arterial hypertension in vibration-induced disease, Vopr. Kurortol., Fizioter. Lech. Fiz. Kul’t., 2000, vol. 3, pp. 9–11.Google Scholar
- 9.Meng, W., Zhao, W., Zhao, T., et al., Autocrine and paracrine function of angiotensin 1–7 in tissue repair during hypertension, Am. J. Hypertens., 2014, vol. 112, pp. 1321–1328.Google Scholar
- 10.Peshavariya, H.M., Liu, G.S., Chang, C.W., et al., Prostacyclin signaling boosts NADPH oxidase 4 in the endothelium promoting cytoprotection and angiogenesis, Antioxid. Redox Signal., 2014, vol. 121, pp. 1568–1574.Google Scholar
- 11.Rotberg, G.E., Artamonova, E.A., and Ushakova, T.I., Predictive significance of insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome for assessment of the degree of endothelium dysfunction and early signs of atherosclerotic lesion, Angiol. Sosudistoi Khir., 2005, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 15–19.Google Scholar
- 13.Tsimmerman, Ia.S. and Teliaper, I.I., Effectiveness of ulcer treatment with electromagnetic radiation of extremely high frequency (EHF therapy) and some mechanism of its therapeutic action, Klin. Med., 2002, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 13–18.Google Scholar
- 15.Vishnevski, A.A., Iakovlev, V.M., and Tupeev, I.R., The structure of erythrocyte membranes in patients with chronic obstructive bronchitis and its alteration during EHF therapy, Vopr. Kurortol., Fizioter. Lech. Fiz. Kul’t., 1999, vol. 4, pp. 45–46.Google Scholar