Phase composition and defect substructure of double surfacing, formed with V–Cr–Nb–W powder wire on steel
- 27 Downloads
The analysis of phase composition, defect substructure, and mechanical and tribological properties of Hardox 450 steel after single and double surfacing of C–V–Cr–Nb–W containing wire was carried out by methods of modern physical materials science. The increase in the wear resistance of the material compared to the original steel by 140–150 times and reduction of the friction coefficient by 2–2.5 times was established. The change in the fine structure and phase composition of the surfaced metal was analyzed. It was shown that the established effects could be associated with the formation of a multiphase nanoscale and submicron structure, hardening of which was associated with the formation of martensitic structure of α-matrix and the presence of a high volume fraction of carbide phase inclusions based on Fe, Cr, W and Nb. Formation of resurfacing led to repeated increase in the volume fraction of the carbide phase and the absence of the oxide phase.
Keywordssteel Hardox 450 cladding structure phase composition abrasion resistance friction coefficient microhardness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Poletika, I.M., Makarov, S.A., Tetyutskaya, M.V., and Krylova, T.A., Electron beam welding of wear- and corrosion-resistant coatings on mild steel, Izv. Tomsk. Politekh. Univ., 2012, vol. 321, no. 2, pp. 86–89.Google Scholar
- 2.Sokolov, G.N. and Lysak, V.I., Naplavka iznosostoikikh splavov na pressovye shtampy dlya goryachego deformirovaniya stalei (Welding of Wear-Resistant Alloys on the Forged Stamps for the Hot Deformation of Steel), Volgograd: Politekhnik, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.Kapralov, E.V., Budovskikh, E.A., Gromov, V.E., Raikov, S.V., and Ivanov, Yu.F., Struktura i svoistva kompozitsionnykh iznosostoikikh naplavok na stal’ (The Structure and Properties of the Wear-Resistant Composite Welds on Steel), Novokuznetsk: Sib. Gos. Ind. Univ., 2014.Google Scholar
- 4.Kapralov, E.V., Budovskikh, E.A., Gromov, V.E., Raikov, S.V., Glezer, A.M., and Ivanov, Yu.F., The structure and properties of wear-resistant weld Hardox 400 on steel, Probl. Chern. Metall. Materialoved., 2015, no. 1, pp. 80–86.Google Scholar
- 6.Grnezh, B., Use of Hardox steel in the mining industry, Gorn. Prom., 2008, no. 3 (79), pp. 34–38.Google Scholar
- 7.Schastlivtsev, V.M., Mirzaev, D.A., and Yakovleva, I.L., Struktura termicheski obrabotannoi stali (The Structure of the Thermally Processed Steel), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1994.Google Scholar
- 8.Bernshtein, M.L., Kaputkina, L.M., and Prokoshkin, S.D., Otpusk stali (Tempering of Steel), Moscow: Mosk. Inst. Stali Splavov, 1997.Google Scholar