Shock-wave treatment of tungsten/fluoropolymer powder compositions
- 14 Downloads
The study aimed at revealing the main interaction regularities of powder mixtures of tungsten with a polymeric polytetrafluoroethylene matrix (PTFE) in shock-wave consolidation in cylindrical recovery fixtures. Three powder compositions based on tungsten and Teflon were subjected to shock-wave treatment: a two-component one (W + PTFE) and ones with Al and Ti + B additives. Two types of cylindrical recovery fixtures were applied: ones with continuous filling and ones with a central rod. A significant effect of the “activating” additives (Al, Ti, B) on the initiation and the process of the chemical reaction in the powder mixture and the final phase formation was experimentally shown.
Keywordsshock-wave treatment explosive compaction recovery fixtures synthesis initiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adamenko, N.A., Fetisov, A.V., and Kazurov, A.V., Vzryvnaya obrabotka metallopolimernykh kompozitsii (Explosive Treatment of Metal-Polymeric Compositions), Volgograd: Volgogrd. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2007.Google Scholar
- 2.Imkhovik, N.A., Selivanov, V.V., Simonov, A.K., Sergeeva, A.I., and Yashin, V.B., The development of foreign new high-density reactive materials and their application in high-power munitions actions, Vooruzh. Ekon., 2014, no. 1 (26), pp. 53–63.Google Scholar
- 3.Yashin, V.B., Alekseev, V.V., Khodyrev, S.P., Malkin, A.V., Malkin, A.I., Imkhovik, N.A., and Simonov, A.K., The parameters of the explosive action of the TNT charges containing the blocks of high-density metalfluoroplastic composites Gorenie Vzryv, 2012, no. 5, pp. 360–365.Google Scholar
- 4.Alymov, M.I., Pervukhin, L.B., Rogachev, A.S., Pervukhina, O.L., and Saikov, I.V., The combination of SHS and shock-wave compaction for the production of composite materials, Pis’ma Mater., 2014, no. 4 (3), pp. 153–158.Google Scholar
- 5.Zelepugin, S.A., Dolgoborodov, A.Yu., Ivanova, O.V., and Zelepugin, A.S., Udarno-volnovoi sintez v tverdykh smesyakh (Shock-Wave Synthesis in Solid Mixtures), Tomsk: Inst. Opt. Atmos., Sib. Otd., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Zelepugin, S.A., Ivanova, O.V., Yunoshev, A.S., and Zelepugin, A.S., Destruction of cylinder ampoules with solid phase reactive mixtures affected by explosive loading, Pis’ma Mater., 2015, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 468–472.Google Scholar