Static balancing of metal resonators of cylindrical resonator gyroscopes
- 97 Downloads
A technique based on electrochemical etching of metal is suggested for balancing the first four harmonics of nonuniform mass distribution in a metal cylindrical toothless resonator for a cylindrical resonator gyroscope (CRG). An algorithm for removing mass from the resonator surface has been designed with allowance made for analytically calculated angle and depth of the resonator inclined immersion into an electrochemical bath and its rotation about the cylinder axis of symmetry.
KeywordsElectrochemical Etching Unbalanced Mass Resonator Surface Circumferential Angle Vibratory Gyroscope
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lynch, D.D., Vibration-induced drift in the hemi-spherical resonator gyro, Proc. Annual Meeting of the Institute of Navigation, 23–25 June, 1987, Dayton, Ohio, pp. 34–37.Google Scholar
- 2.Zhbanov, Yu.K. and Zhuravlev, V.F., On balancing of the wave solid-state gyroscope, Izvestiia RAN, Mekhanika tverdogo tela, 1998, no. 4, pp. 4–16.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhbanov, Yu.K. and Kalenova, N.V., Surface debalance of the wave solid-state gyroscope, Izvestiia RAN, Mekhanika tverdogo tela, 2001, no. 3, pp. 11–18.Google Scholar
- 4.Egarmin, N.E. and Yurin, V.E., Introduction to Theory of Vibratory Gyroscopes, Moscow: Binom, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Rozelle, D.M., The hemispherical resonator gyro: from wineglass to the planets, Spaceflight Mechanics, 2009, vol. 134, AAS09–176.Google Scholar
- 6.Bodunov, B.P., Lopatin, V.M., and Lunin, B.S., A method for balancing resonators of the wave solid-state gyroscope, Russian Federation Inventor’s Certificate, 7G01C 19/56, RU 2147117, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.Chikovani, V.V. and Yatsenko, Yu.A., Investigation of azimuth accuracy measurement with metallic resonator Coriolis vibratory gyroscope, Proc. XVII Int. Conf. on Integrated Navigation Systems, St. Petersburg: Elektropribor, 2010, pp. 25–30.Google Scholar
- 10.Matveev, V.A., Lunin, B.S., Basarab, M.A., and Chumankin, E.A., Balancing of metal resonators for low-accuracy and middle-accuracy wave solid-state gyroscopes, Nauka i obrazovanie. Elektronnoe nauchnotekhnicheskoe izdanie, 2013, no. 06. DOI: 10.7463/0613.0579179.Google Scholar
- 12.Rosebury, F., Handbook of Electron Tube and Vacuum Techniques. Addison-Wesley, 1965.Google Scholar