The Restoration of Input Parameters of an Exterior Ballistic Solution by the Results of Body Movement Trajectory Measurement
- 13 Downloads
Analyzing the results of ballistic experiments often brings up the problem of restoring the input computation parameters of the exterior ballistics of a body (the ballistic coefficient, the initial velocity, the environment temperature, the pressure, etc.) by the results of trajectory measurements (the reverse problem of exterior ballistics). It is found that without a priori information on unknown parameters, the problem in question cannot have a unique solution. We propose a procedure of solving the reverse problem with a priori information at hand; this procedure rests on the least-squares method and the maximum-likelihood method. An algorithm for solving the reverse problem is described in detail (the described algorithm implements the proposed procedure). We consider applying this procedure to the problem of restoring the initial departure conditions and atmospheric parameters, as well as to the problem of simultaneously determining the initial velocity of the body and its ballistic coefficient.
Keywordsreverse problem exterior ballistics experimental ballistics numerical methods maximumlikelihood method least-squares method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Denisov, Elements of the Theory of Inverse Problems, Vol. 14 of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems Series (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1994; Walter de Gryuter, Berlin, Boston, 1999).Google Scholar
- 5.A. S. Leonov, Solution of Ill-Posed Inverse Problems: Theory Essay, Pratical Algorithms and Demonstrations in MATLAB (LIBROKOM, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Kalitkin and E. A. Alshina, Numerical Methods, Vol. 1: Numerical Analysis (Akademiya, Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.G. I. Ivchenko and Yu. I. Medvedev, Mathematical Statistics, The School-Book for Higher Technical Schools (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Konovalov and Yu. V. Nikolaev, External Ballistics (TsNII Inform., Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Burlov et al., Ballistics of Barrel Systems, Ed. by L. N. Lysenko and A. M. Lipanov (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.N. N. Kalitkin and P. V. Koryakin, Numerical Methods, Vol. 2: Mathematical Physics Methods (Akademiya, Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.I. A. Kozlitin and A. S. Omel’yanov, “Smooth approximation of drag force-body speed relation,” Elektron. Inform. Sist., No. 6, 90–100 (2015).Google Scholar
- 14.Manual on 12.7-mm Machine Gun Utes NSV-12.7 (Voen. Izdat., Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.Ya. M. Shapiro, External Ballistics (Oborongiz, Moscow, 1946) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.http://www.ntiim.ru/info.php?x=rush.Google Scholar