Numerical simulation of solitary wave generation in a wind-water annular tunnel
- 58 Downloads
We briefly describe laboratory experiments demonstrating wind-water solitary wave generation in a wind-water annular tunnel. A mathematical model of this phenomenon is constructed in the context of a shallow-water approximation. The finite-difference algorithm for solving the system is based on regularized shallow-water equations. For the first time, we obtain a numerical solution of the wind-water solitary wave that is qualitatively consistent with the experimental data.
Keywordswind-water solitary wave shallow-water equations quasi-gas dynamic equations regularized shallow-water equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. V. Levin and M. A. Nosov, Physics of Tsunamis (Yanus-K, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.O. A. Glebova, Al. V. Kravtsov, and N. K. Shelkovnikov, “Experimental and Numerical Study of Wind Solitary Waves on Water,” Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 66(12), 1727–1729 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Volobuev, V. I. Koshev, and E. S. Petrov, Biophysical Principles of Geodynamics (Moscow, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.T. G. Elizarova, A. A. Zlotnik, and O. V. Nikitina, “Simulation of One-Dimensional Shallow-Water Flows using Regularized Equations,” Preprint No. 33 (Keldysh Inst. Appl. Math., Moscow, 2011).Google Scholar
- 10.T. G. Elizarova, Quasi-Gas Dynamic Equations and Methods for the Computation of Viscous Flow (Nauchnyi mir, Moscow, 2007) [in Russian]. English Translation: Springer 2009.Google Scholar
- 11.Yu. V. Sheretov, Dynamics of Continuous Media in Spatial and Temporal Averaging (RC Dynamics, Moscow-Izhevsk, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.G. I. Marchuk, Mathematical Modeling in the Problem of Environment (Nauka, Moscow, 1982) [In Russian].Google Scholar