A Necessary Condition for The Residual Nilpotence of HNN-Extensions
- 9 Downloads
Let G be amultiple HNN-extension of a group A, and let all its associated subgroups be properly contained in some locally nilpotent subgroup of A. We prove that if G is residually nilpotent, then all the associated subgroups are p′-isolated in A for some prime p. Moreover, if q is a prime such that G is residually a q′-torsion-free nilpotent group, then p = q.
Keywords and phrasesmultiple HNN-extension residual nilpotence residual p-finiteness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.D. I. Moldavanskii, “The residual p-finiteness of HNN-extensions,” Vestnik Ivanovsk. Gos. Univ., Ser. Biol. Khim. Fiz. Mat., No. 3, 129–140 (2000).Google Scholar
- 8.D. I. Moldavanskii, “On the residuality a finite p-group of HNN-extensions,” arXiv: math/0701498.Google Scholar
- 10.D. I. Moldavanskii, “The residual p-finiteness of some HNN-extensions of groups,” Vestnik Ivanovsk. Gos. Univ., Ser. Biol. Khim. Fiz.Mat., No. 3, 102–116 (2003).Google Scholar
- 11.D. I. Moldavanskii, “On the residual p-finiteness of HNN-extensions of nilpotent groups,” Vestnik Ivanovsk. Gos. Univ., Ser. Biol. Khim. Fiz.Mat., (3), 128–132 (2006).Google Scholar
- 17.D. N. Azarov and E. A. Ivanova, “On the problem of the residual nilpotence of a free product with an amalgamation of locally nilpotent groups,” Tr. Ivanovsk. Gos. Univ.Mat. 2, 5–7 (1999).Google Scholar