Supercritical hydrothermal degradation of hazardous organic wastes with a view to utilizing the potential energy of gaseous products
- 20 Downloads
The method of supercritical hydrothermal degradation was applied to neutralize hazardous organic-containing substances and persistent organic pollutants (polychlorinated biphenyls, organochlorine pesticides, wastewater, and agro-industrial waste) in the autothermal and allothermic modes. It has been established that the realizable modes of supercritical hydrothermal oxidation and pyrolysis provide a degree of decomposition of the investigated organic-containing waste not less than 99.5%, accompanied by the formation of a high-enthalpy steam−gas mixture or combustible gases. The possibility of utilization of the potential energy of gaseous reaction products on a specially designed experimental setup with a multi-tubular spiral-type reactor, which is a part of an autonomous energy complex for generating heat and electric power, is examined.
Keywordssupercritical hydrothermal degradation autothermal and allothermic modes persistent organic pollutants multi-tubular spiral-type reactor autonomous energy complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. V. Astakhova and Yu. A. Mazalov, Naukoemk. Tekhnol. 9 (10), 71 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.O. N. Fedyaeva and A. A. Vostrikov, Sverkhkrit. Flyuidy Teor. Prakt. 7 (1), 64 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. A. Mazalov, A. V. Bersh, A. V. Merenov, et al., in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Power Supply and Energy Efficiency in Agriculture, Moscow, May 13–14, 2008 (GNU VIES, Moscow, 2008), Part 1, p. 390.Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Psarov, Cand. Sci. (Phys. Math.) Dissertation (Kutateladze Inst. Thermophys. Sib. Branch RAS, Novosibirsk, 2006) http://www.itp.nsc.ru/Institute/Dissertation_sovets/Psarov_autoref.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 9.Information-Technical Handbook on the Best Available Technologies, ITS 9-2015 (Byuro NTD, Moscow, 2015), p. 219 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.T. G. Krylova and V. S. Grigor’ev, Tr. GOSNITI 109, 132 (2012).Google Scholar
- 12.R. A. Usmanov, R. R. Gabitov, L. Kh. Miftakhova, and F. M. Gumerov, Vestn. Kazan. Tekhnol. Univ. 17, 244 (2014).Google Scholar
- 13.N. S. Milovanov, A. I. Feoktistov, V. S. Grigor’ev, and A. A. Volodina, Tr. GOSNITI 121, 120 (2015).Google Scholar