Dynamics of formation and decay of supercritical fluid silver colloid under pulse laser ablation conditions
- 21 Downloads
The effect of the density of supercritical carbon dioxide (SC-CO2) on the dynamics of formation of supercritical fluid (SCF) silver colloids during pulse laser ablation and their post-pulse degradation was studied by in situ UV/vis absorption spectroscopy. Laser irradiation of a silver target in SC-CO2 caused ablative formation of Ag nanoparticles of different shapes and sizes: quasi-spherical particles (~4 nm) and larger Ag nanoparticles (hundreds of nanometers). A change in the colloid density from 0.24 to 0.82 g/cm3 caused significant changes in the dynamics of ablative formation of large and small particles, the rate of aggregation of small Ag particles into large particles, and the rate of gravitation-induced sedimentation of nanoparticles in the SCF colloid.
KeywordsSCF colloids silver nanoparticles plasmonic resonance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.A. V. Simakin, V. V. Voronov, and G. A. Shafeev, in The Action of Laser Radiation on Absorbing Media, Ed. by S. V. Garnov and A. A. Samokhin, Tr. IOFAN, Vol. 60 (Nauka, Moscow, 2004), 83.Google Scholar
- 11.V. N. Bagratashvili, in Proceedings of the 7th ScientificPractical Conference on Supercritical Fluids: Fundamental Principles, Technologies, Inovations (Zelenogradsk, Kaliningradskaya Obl., 2013), p. 8.Google Scholar
- 14.V. N. Bagratashvili, M. S. Vakshtein, Yu. S. Zavorotnyi, L. I. Krotova, A. O. Manyashin, V. K. Popov, A. O. Rybaltovskii, I. I. Taraskina, and P. S. Timashev, Perspekt. Mater. 2, 39 (2010).Google Scholar
- 16.N. V. Minaev, A. O. Rybaltovskii, V. V. Firsov, O. O. Parenago, A. F. Danilyuk, and V. N. Bagratashvili, in Proceedings of the 7th Scientific-Practical Conference on Supercritical Fluids: Fundamental Principles, Technologies, Inovations (Zelenogradsk, Kaliningradskaya Obl., 2013), p. 27.Google Scholar
- 19.V. V. Klimov, Nanoplasmonics (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2010; Pan Stanford, Singapore, 2011).Google Scholar