Supercoiling as a physical mechanism providing a macroscopic scale in supramolecular strings
- 33 Downloads
Quantum-chemical calculations revealed that chiral and achiral TFAAA molecules combine to form dimers with comparable binding energies. It was experimentally established that solutions of both chiral and achiral TFAAAs contain anisometric structures with a diameter of d ≪ 1 nm and a length of L ∼ 7 nm. It was concluded that the qualitative difference in the pattern of the supramolecular structure of achiral and chiral solutions is formed on a scale from 0.1 to 1 μm. It is theoretically shown that the supercoiling provides an exponential increase in the strength of association in of thin string into a thick one with the length of the string. It was concluded that this mechanism ensures the stabilization of coi1ed strings and the very existence of stable microscopic strings.
Keywordsstrings chiral solution achiral solution supercoiling helical connection Euler formula
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. V. Stovbun and A. A. Skoblin, Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 3: Fiz., Astron., 3, 3 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Stovbun, A. I. Mikhailov, A. M. Zanin, and R. G. Kostyanovskii, Vestn. MGOU, Ser. Estestv. Nauki, 3, 92 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.S. V. Stovbun, A. A. Skoblin, A. M. Zanin, et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med. 154(7), 41 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.D. N. Izraelashvili, Intermolecular and Surface Forces (Nauchnyi mir, Moscow, 2011; Academic Press, London, 1992).Google Scholar
- 12.A. B. Rubin, Biophysics, Vol. 2: Biophysics of Cellular Processes (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.S. V. Stovbun, A. A. Skoblin, A. M. Zanin, et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med. 153, 820 (2012).Google Scholar
- 14.I. I. Artobolevskii, Theory of Mechanisms and Machines, The School-Book, 4th ed. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.T. T. Berezov and B. F. Korovkin, Biological Chemistry (Meditsina, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.S. V. Stovbun and A. A. Skoblin, Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med., 11, 502 (2011).Google Scholar